Nursultan Nazarbayev: It’s necessary to teach people to do business

Head of State Nursultan Nazarbayev held a meeting on socio-economic development of West Kazakhstan region, Akorda’s press service informed.
West Kazakhstan15 May , 18:26

At the meeting Governor of the region Altai Kulginov reported on the development of the region following the results of 2017 and the first quarter of 2018. The Governor of the region also reported on the implementation of the instructions of the President of Kazakhstan, which were given in the framework of the state and sectoral programs.

During the meeting, the Head of State positively noted the established production of finished products in the region and the implementation of the state social programs.

"The purpose of today's visits to the objects of the region is to get acquainted with the implementation of the state programs, including the recently adopted "Five Social Initiatives". Their implementation will positively affect the life of the society", the President of Kazakhstan said.

Nursultan Nazarbayev pointed out the importance of participation of all regions of the country in achieving the goal of the "Kazakhstan-2050" Strategy.

The Head of State pointed to the positive dynamics of the main indicators of the economic development of West Kazakhstan region and noted the need to continue work to improve the welfare of the inhabitants of the region.

"Well-being of citizens also depends on housing construction. It is gratifying to note that over the past five years, 1.5 million square meters of housing have been commissioned in the region. Through the implementation of the "Five Social Initiatives" we will increase the pace of construction", the President of Kazakhstan said.

Nursultan Nazarbayev dwelt on the issues of supporting small and medium-sized businesses, developing agriculture and processing agricultural products, as well as on the problem of the self-employed population.

The Head of State instructed the regional authorities to step up work on the creation of modern industries in new sectors of the economy and continue the development of existing enterprises in the region.

"It is also important to continue work on attracting anchor investors. For example, after my visit to the USA, a group of large American businessmen arrived in Kazakhstan and is negotiating here. Their investments, technologies and their market are important for us", the President of Kazakhstan noted.

Nursultan Nazarbayev pointed to the need for development in the field of "green economy" using new technologies.

The Head of State paid attention to the problem of providing employment for rural youth and instructed to ensure its involvement in the process of implementing the state's programs.

The President of Kazakhstan drew attention to the existing disproportion in the sphere of small and medium business.

"The city of Uralsk and Burlinsky district produce 90 percent of all SMEs' output. All the remaining 11 districts account for the remaining 10 percent. It is necessary to teach people to do business, to show what state programs exist to support entrepreneurs. It is necessary to create comfortable conditions for the business development", Nursultan Nazarbayev said.

The Head of State also instructed to actively use the border potential of the region to increase exports and also pointed to the importance of developing transport infrastructure within the region.

At the end of the meeting, the President of Kazakhstan instructed to maintain the existing pace of development of the region and ensure control over the implementation of instructions given during the working visit.