"We have been familiarized with the plant "Tulpar-Talgo". You know, before our trains traveled at a speed of 40-60 km/h. New trains of "Tulpar-Talgo" will move at a speed of 160 km/h. They are spacious inside. Now basically in all regions of Kazakhstan we will send the trains, which move at a speed of 100 km/h. Thus, passengers reduce the travel time almost in half. This is a big plus for the economy also", the President of Kazakhstan has said.
In 2016 it is planned to supply 149 wagons of a new modification with a wide body "Tulpar-Talgo". The main prerogatives of the wagons of the new modification are:
- introduction of new types of cars Tourist with a seating and baggage car;
- changing the interior design of all types of cars;
- increase in the width by 25 cm and height by 22.4 cm;
- increase in the area of toilets in 1.8 times;
- sleeping shelf length increase is 7 cm;
- increasing the width of the corridor by 10 cm.
The wagon for people with disabilities includes 3 compartments, equipped with the sliding entrance doors in the hallway.
The new cars can be used in climates down to -50 degrees.
In July 2016 it’s scheduled to carry out the dynamic and certification testing of two trains’ formulations to meet the requirements of the European standards.
Photo by Azamat Aliyev